An Engineer/IFCO/Crew vacancy is currently available on board NWIFCA main patrol vessel North Western Protector based in Whitehaven. The purpose of the job is to ensure that the Patrol Vessel is operational and functioning at optimum levels and to assist in operations to deliver the Authority’s offshore functions in relation to the management and conservation of sea fisheries within the district.
NWIFCA is lead regulator protecting the inshore marine environment and fisheries in NW England. NWIFCA District extends from the Welsh border in the south to the Scottish border in the north and seawards out to 6 miles.
The following terms apply:
|Salary Scale:||£21,748 – £32,234 from 1 April 2021 (Pay Award Pending)
Local Government Scale 11-29; starting point according to experience, rising by one point per year subject to annual assessments
|Pension:||Local government scheme (www.lppapensions.co.uk)|
|Hours of work:||37 hour per week with ‘flexitime’. The posts involves working unsocial hours, including early mornings, late evenings and weekends as required by tides, survey duties and requirement to check vessel|
|Medical:||Appointment to the post is dependent on passing an ML5 Medical|
|BPSS Check:||Appointment dependent on satisfactory BPSS Check|
Detailed job description and requirements of the post are given below:
NWIFCA ENGINEER/IFCO/CREW JOB DESCRIPTION
|Job Title:||NWIFCA ENGINEER/IFCO/CREW|
|Job Purpose||To ensure that the Patrol Vessel is operational and functioning at optimum levels and to assist in operations to deliver the Authority’s offshore functions in relation to the management and conservation of sea fisheries within the district. To act as Crew on the main Patrol Vessel and other vessels and assist with boarding and enforcement activities.|
|Main Tasks||Main Engineer for the Patrol Vessel
NWIFCA ENGINEER/IFCO/CREW REQUIREMENTS OF THE POST
|ESSENTIAL CRITERIA||DESIRABLE CRITERIA|
How to Apply
Send your application by 2359hrs on the closing date of Wednesday 1 December 2021 to:
- [email protected] (email applications will be acknowledged) OR
- NWIFCA, 1 Preston Street, Carnforth LA5 9BY
Your application should include:
1. Curriculum vitae including the following information:
- Name and current address, phone number and email
- Date of birth and National Insurance Number
- Full employment history, accounting for any gaps
- All qualifications completed with results, especially relevant courses completed e.g. RYA or equivalent qualifications in marine engineering and navigation
- Full educational history from starting secondary school, with results and grades
- Interest and hobbies
- Engineering skills, qualifications and experience, including electrical systems
- Seagoing experience
- Relevant marine and fisheries and enforcement experience
- Knowledge of NWIFCA district
- IT skills
- Driving:Licence: Please included details of your driving licence (full/clean/which driving categories) and your driving experience including towing trailers. Give detaila of any driving convictions you have had in the last 5 years.
- Criminal Record Declaration: Please give details of any unspent cautions or convictions you have received.
- Please declare if you are related or known to any Member or Officer of the NWIFCA.
- Referees: Please give names and addresses, phone and email contact for 2 referees; these should include your 2 most recent employers. If you do not have 2 recent employers, referees should be from higher education. N.B. Personal referees are not accepted.
2. Supporting Letter of up to 100 words including the following information:
- Why you are interested in the post and where you saw it advertised