Byelaw 4 Consultation Closes
The following byelaw has been made by the Authority. Before seeking confirmation by the Defra Minister the Authority must consult stakeholders. If you wish to submit an objection you must write to both the addresses provided in the “How to Comment” section below. The consultation period will end on 8 November 2019.
Byelaw 4 Potting Permit 2019
The byelaw includes the following main changes to the regulation of fishing with pots:
- Permits for fishing from licensed vessels with a fee of £200 per year.
- Permits for fishing from unlicensed vessels or from the shore with a fee of £20 per year.
- Changes to permit conditions will be possible following stakeholder consultation without a requirement to remake the byelaw.
- Separate permits for crab and lobster, whelk, and nephrops.
- New gear marking requirements.
Copies of the Byelaw
Copies of the byelaw and regulatory impact assessment are available below as a pdf files:
Physical copies are available on request from NWIFCA, 1, Preston Street, CARNFORTH, Lancashire, LA5 9BY.
How to Comment
Any person who wishes to object to the confirmation of the byelaw must send a statement of their objection in writing to the Marine Conservation and Enforcement Team, Marine Management Organisation, P.O. Box 1275, Newcastle, NE99 5BN (or [email protected]), and the North Western IFCA at NWIFCA, 1, Preston Street, CARNFORTH, Lancashire, LA5 9BY (or [email protected]) by 8 November 2019.