Apply for a Permit

Byelaw 3 – Permit to Fish for Cockles and Mussels

To renew your Byelaw 3 permit, please download and complete the renewal form below:

Please send in your renewal form and payment before 31st July 2024.

Byelaw 3 Waiting List

If you wish to join the waiting list for Byelaw 3 permit to hand gather cockles and mussels within the district, please complete the waiting list application below and email it to [email protected] or post it to the Whitehaven office (address at the bottom of the page).

Byelaw 4 – Permit to Fish with Pots


To apply for a commercial potting permit to pot from a licensed vessel, download the application form available below.


To apply for a recreational potting permit under NWIFCA Byelaw 4, download the application form available below. This permit replaces the NWIFCA Byelaw 30 and CSFC Byelaw 26 hobby potting permit. You will need this permit whether you are fishing from a boat or from the shore. Please note all pots require require an escape gap of 80mm wide x 45mm high by 100mm long.

Byelaws 26 and 27 – Fixed Engines and Mobile Nets

To apply for a permit under NWSFC Byelaws 26 and 27, please use the forms below.

Completed application forms can be emailed to [email protected] or sent via post to:

6 Duncan Square
CA28 7LN 

Please include your mobile number on your application to be notified via text when applications are open for the next year. To ensure that your application is processed as quickly as possible please include all requested documents before submitting.