Byelaw Dispensation

Dispensation is required for any person wishing to fish for sea fish or shellfish (including crustaceans and molluscs) for scientific, stocking or breeding purposes. It is needed whether fishing is intentional or accidental (such as through grab or core sampling).

You must give at least 28 days notice to ensure that dispnesation is processed in time for your activity.

If you have any questions about dispensations please contact [email protected].

To apply for dispensation against North Western Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority’s Byelaws please contact the Science Team at [email protected]

To ensure that your application is processed as quickly as possible please include all requested details before submitting. If information is missing this may delay your application.