Sale Notice – FPV “Solway Protector”
FPV “Solway Protector” – 54 foot patrol and survey vessel – Price on request
The “Solway Protector” was built by ‘Halmatic’ at Havant, and commissioned in early 1989. The vessel was designed specifically to undertake sea fishery patrols, survey and sampling duties. A large working area is situated the full width of the transom, ideal for carrying out experimental survey work and practical fishing applications. All services and repairs are up to date. Coding – Small Commercial Vessel – category 2 up to 60 miles from a safe haven.
|Engines||Twin 503 hp Caterpillar|
|Electrics||24v DC & 240v AC|
Webasto heating system and 240 & 24V throughout the vessel.
- VHF Icom DS-100 with DSC controller
- Navitron NT 921G auto pilot
- Racal Decca Bridgemaster – 48 mile radius
- Furuno FCV-668 echo sounder
- Burglar alarm
- Loud hailer
- Pyrogen engine room fire smothering system
- Search light
- Wynn window wiper system (3 units)
- 3 x CAB suspension seats
The accommodation provides three permanent berths (1 x single, 1 x bunks), a bathroom with separate shower (albeit it does need reconnecting), good size mess deck and galley, with full head room throughout. Included in the sale is an electric cooker and fridge/freezer.
- Twin Caterpillar 3408B diesel engines, each delivering 503 bhp, giving a maximum speed of 18.5 knots
- Twin disc transmission units
- VXI 2450 battery charging unit
- Beta Marine 5.3 kva generator set
- Vetus FK0018 electric windlass
- Bonfiglioli P3500L – 1 tonne hiab crane
- 12 rigid Duncan life jackets